GUPnP AV CP

They say, a picture is worth a thousand words, so here is the gupnp-av-cp playing a song from my n81 on the coherence media renderer:




Many thanks to Frank Scholz and Visa Smolander for helping me in making sense out of UPnP specs, otherwise I still would have been confused on how to implement them. The CP is not yet ready but I will try to complete it before the end of the year 2007.

I would like to avail this opportunity to make it very clear to everyone that I have nothing against Coherence project and/or python, in fact I have been using Coherence myself extensively to test my GUPnP code. The reason people get the impression that I am against coherence/python is that I express the following reservations of mine regarding python, quite often and I end-up giving a wrong impression:

1. I do not believe that python is ready for embedded systems yet and vice versa. Both python and embedded systems need some time before they can be happily married.

2. There is also the fact that when I would write (or support) a framework, I would like that to be equally attractive for all kinds of developers and the best way to do that would be to write it in C. That way, once I have the framework ready, I can provide wrappers for all kinds of languages, including python. OTOH, when writing an application, I might want to do it in python myself (assuming that I don't expect it to be used on embedded systems).

On a side-note, I have been talking about UPnP so much that Ansku recently had a dream in which someone was talking to her about it. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the virtual world!

clutter-gst

zbus and Implementing Async Rust API